Simple Aluminum Welding
- Melting temperature: 728°F (387°C)
- Application: Aluminum and aluminum alloy welding, brazing
- Recommended for welding or brazing aluminum alloy: 1060, 1350, 3003, 3004, 3005, 5005, 5050, 6053, 6061, 6951, 7005, and cast alloys 710.0 and 711.0
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Minimize parent material distortion during welding.
Applications include truck beds, loading ramps, docks, diamond plate, irrigation piping, engine blocks, transmission housing, etc.
Clean area to be welded down to base.
Brush the base with stainless steel brush till shiny.
Heat the area to be welded, evenly.
As you heat the base, rub the rod vigorously against the heated piece to be welded till rod flows.
Never apply heat directly to rod.