Simple Aluminum Welding
- Melting temperature: 728°F (387°C)
- Application: Aluminum and aluminum alloy welding, brazing
- Recommended for welding or brazing aluminum, aluminum alloys, zinc, pot metal, brass and most other non-ferrous (non-magnetic) metals.
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Minimize parent material distortion during welding.
Applications include truck beds, diamond plate, loading ramps, docks, cylinder heads, irrigation piping, engine blocks, transmission housing, rims, boats, props, storm doors, ladders, tools, thermostats, radiators, A/C lines, condensers, oil pans, motorcycles, bell housings, pontoons, molds etc.
Clean area to be welded down to base.
Brush the base with stainless steel brush till shiny.
Heat the area to be welded, evenly.
As you heat the base, rub the rod vigorously against the heated piece till rod flows.
Never apply heat directly to rod.