Thoroughly clean the area you’re about to weld by brushing the base with stainless steel brush until it become shiny. Then evenly heat the area to be welded. As you heat, rub the rod vigorously against the heated area until the rod starts flowing.
Caution: Never apply heat directly to rod as it will crumb, and if you manage to melt the rod directly, the weld will be easily breakable. Remember, melting the rod directly is a wrong way, and makes crumby welds.
- Material: Aluminum magnesium
- Melting temperature: 728°F (387°C)
- Application: Aluminum and aluminum alloy welding/brazing
- Recommended for welding or brazing aluminum alloy: 1060, 1350, 3003, 3004, 3005, 5005, 5050, 6053, 6061, 6951, 7005, and cast alloys 710.0 and 711.0
- Excellent corrosion resistance.
- Minimize parent material distortion during welding.
- Applications include truck beds, loading ramps, docks, diamond plate, irrigation piping, engine blocks, transmission housing, etc.
- 10 pcs Welding Rods